Frequently Asked Questions
If this page doesn't help you and you have additional questions, please contact us either by email at PLTW Wisconsin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, or by phone at (414) 277-7238, and we will answer any of your questions.
If you are unfamiliar with MSOE's campus, please click here for a campus map and information on the different campus buildings.
1) Where do I register for the class/es I want to take?
Please refer to our Core Training page and follow the outlined steps to understand how to register for the classes you want to take as well as view what MSOE has available.
Below are some additional resources for helping with registration:
- Video: How to Register for Core Training
- Video: How to Find and Complete Prerequisite Training
- PDF: Getting Started: myPLTW and PLTW Professional Development
- PDF: Core Training Registration: How to Join a Waitlist
2) I don't have a myPLTW account - how do I get one?
Contact your district and/or school PLTW administrator to get set-up in myPLTW. PLTW Wisconsin does not have access to district administrator contacts. If you are unable to determine your district administrator, please contact the PLTW Support Team.
3) Can I register directly with PLTW Wisconsin instead of through myPLTW?
All registration is handled through the myPLTW portal. PLTW Wisconsin cannot access individual myPLTW portals, and as such, is unable to register or modify registrations on behalf of any participant.
4) We're hiring a new staff member and don't have their contact information yet. How can I reserve a spot for them in training?
Please contact PLTW Wisconsin directly before going through this process.The district administrator for myPLTW at your school should register someone for the training to hold the spot. Once a staff member has been hired, individuals can cancel the placeholder individual and register the correct individual. A cancellation fee will not be assessed as long as PLTW WI has been notified.
Cancellation fees will still apply to districts who reserve a seat and then are unable to fill said seat.
5) Do I have to make my own hotel room reservations or are they included in the registration?
PLTW WI does not make hotel room reservations for participants. PLTW Wisconsin has partnered with the Intercontinental Milwaukee for discounted room rates and blocked reservations for all participants. All questions on lodging should be directed to the Intercontinental.
Registration fees for the courses do not include lodging.
Participants must make their room reservations by the deadlines outlined on the Core Training page to ensure lodging at the Intercontinental. Please use the booking links on the Core Training page to ensure a discounted rate.
6) Where do I park during my session?
All participants will have free access to the parking garage under Viet's Field on MSOE's campus during their class. Participants are allowed to leave their cars there for the duration of training. Parking in any other MSOE lot during the duration of traing (unless otherwise directed by PLTW WI staff) will result in a parking ticket from MSOE Campus Safety.
Individuals staying at the Intercontinental Hotel may also use their parking structure, however, an additional fee applies for parking and is the responsibility of the participant.
7) When will I receive my invoice for training? Can I attend if my school hasn't paid my invoice prior to training beginning?
All payments are due prior to training or may be paid at the time of check-in. Invoices will be sent within 5 business days to the billing contact you indicated upon registration.
8) I cannot attend all of the dates of the class I'd like to take - can I still register?
Full attendance of all sessions within core training are required to ensure course completion. If you cannot attend all of the training, we recommend selecting another session.
Participants who register and do not attend all dates are liable for failure of course completion. Refunds will not be issued for participants who do not attend training or do not complete/pass their training session.
9) How early can I book my departure flight or travel accomodations on the last day of my training course?
For the 2 or 3 day Launch and Gateway courses, classes may end early, but please plan to be here until 4 pm. We recommend not scheduling any travel departures prior to 6:00 p.m. on your departure day to provide ample time for check-in and other travel needs.
For the 5 day Gateway and 10 day High School courses, classes will end by 1 pm on the last day of class. We recommend not scheduling any travel departures prior to 3:00 p.m. on your departure day to provide ample time for check-in and other travel needs.